Friday, April 23, 2010

I Guess You Could Call This a Test

Just dipping my toes into the blogosphere a little bit.

I got a treat from Amazon today. It's a CD compilation of Linda Ronstadt's three previously recorded albums with the Nelson Riddle Orchestra--Round Midnight.
The music is wonderful!  It's vintage 30's & 40's torch songs composed by the likes of Hoagy Carmichael, Rodgers & Hart, Cole Porter, and George Gershwin. The selections are sweet, funny, bittersweet and romantic, and Linda's voice does them all more than simple justice. I love her versions of Skylark and What'll I Do? It IS a bit of a splurge, but when you consider the fact that you're really buying three richly orchestrated albums, the pain lessens significantly.

I plan to make some beads tomorrow. You can bet that this will be on my CD player.

No comments:

Post a Comment