Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Inconstant Blogger

That would be me! Obviously I'm tragically irregular with this blogging thing. Why? Would you believe I'm shy? I honestly can't imagine anyone else giving two shakes of a dog's tail (or some other messed-up metaphor) about what I think. But, well, maybe I can share a grain of insight somewhere along the way. So...I'll try harder.

What I'm doing:

Immediate--hemming Corri's wedding gown, layer by layer. Corri is the blessed purveyor of Lampwork, Etc, and a genuine sweetheart of a person. Some crazed business wanted to charge her a ridiculous price for hemming her gown. Okay, fine, it has 4 layers. The tulle simply gets cut shorter, big deal! The under-layers can get a quick but secure whipstitch. The outer dress...well, normally I'd head towards my beloved sewing machine, but due to a bunch of clutter (that's a whole 'nother post) and what I think is more presentable, it's getting a good, patient rolled hem. The quirk is, satin desperately wants to roll outward, not to the inside. Luckily I'm persistent.

Real Soon Now--I'm working on a yummy yarn that's a 2-ply with a great sandstone shading from Lisa Souza plus another ply that was my present from my local spinning gang's holiday exchange. Both are BFL, incredibly soft, with great colors. The LS yarn is done, and I'm about 2/3 done with the other. Fun stuff, to resume as soon as Corri's gown is completed.

In the pipeline: A few other colorways; new garb for Danica and myself (maybe for Coronation???); and hopefully Leot will be done with my sheet metal soon so I can put it on my workbench and get back to melting glass. Good lord, I miss that!!!

I should only post some pictures, but it's late. Next project for the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment